- Meditate for 2 Minutes – Yes
- Write about something positive for 20 minutes – Yes
- 5 random acts of kindness per week – 3/5
- Take 3 x 30 minute walks per week – 1/3
- Unnecessary items bought today – 0
- Total car miles saved – 60
What a busy day I’ve had today!! Today I had earmarked as a nothing day. I had visions of me sat on the sofa with a cuppa and my book, maybe nibbling on some home made cake. Well, I should have known better! 🙂
I *did* get a lie in, as I didn’t wake up until 9am so that was a great start. A quick brekkie and then it was straight down the yard with mini EN to give her a lesson. We spent a bit of time with the ponies first, gave them a good groom and fuss, and then into the school. Mini EN didn’t feel as well as she hoped, so her ride was cut a bit short, but all in all a lovely way to spend the morning.
Home for lunch, then prep’d for Sunday lunch which is a bit of a marathon atm because :
- Mr EN is coeliac
- Mini EN is veggie
- I am trying to adhere to a plant based diet
So we had a roast chicken, bacon and chipolatas for some, a nut roast (my first ever) for mini EN and me, a gf cauliflower cheese for everyone other than me, a vegan cauliflower cheese for me, roast spuds, and a selection of veg, plus two different types of gravy. Got that in the oven and then nipped out to buy some plants as my tomatos haven’t grown so well. Ended up buying a bit more than I anticipated and after dinner planted some tomato plants, potted out the cucumbers that mini EN has grown, and sewed some beans and squash. Still have some lettuce to sew, and the courgettes and peppers to plant out, and a purple sweet potato plant that I’m very excited about!
After that I’ve made my first ever low fructose vegan carrot cake which is in the oven atm and smells divine. Fingers crossed! Also made some vegan smoothie ice lollies with rice milk, banana, peach and summer fruits. Looking forwards to trying them.
During all of this the sun shone, and mini EN and middle sproglet played giant chess in the garden. Blissful Sunday 🙂
Plant based diet today
- Breakfast – Weetabix with rice milk (very sweet, like I had sugar on it!), bagel with vegan cream cheese
- Snack – Half a vegan smoothie left over from making ice lollies
- Lunch – wrap with avocado, falafel, spinach
- Snack – Home made ginger oat cookies
- Snack – tortillas and humus
- Dinner – Roast