- Meditate for 2 minutes –
- Write about something positive for 20 minutes –
- 5 random acts of kindness per week – 0/5
- Take 3 x 30 minute walks per week – 2/3
- Unnecessary items bought today – 0
- Total car miles saved – 30
A non-de-script day today. The most positive thing being dinner with the family, and then a lovely walk with Mr EN after dinner. After a day full of persistent rain, it was actually a very nice evening, with a gorgeous pink sunset to admire as we went.
I’ve been a bit bothered by the lack of any random acts of kindess to report, so had a bit of a google, and the first thing I found was this wonderful site; https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/ It has a wealth of great resources, but one of the best for me is their calendar, which has one random act of kindness per day. It is a bit late now for me to carry out todays’; ‘Take time to visit with a family member you don’t often see’, but I’m definitely up for tomorrow’s; “Compliment a friend” 🙂 Having read through some of the suggestions, I realise that actually I’ve been doing quite a few of these without realising it. I will be checking in with it regularly from now on for ideas on what to do.
The website also has some great quotes, one of my favourites is this ;
“When we treat people merely as they are, they will remain as they are. When we treat them as if they were what they should be, they will become what they should be.”
Thomas S. Monson
I think this is incredibly important to realise, especially with children. If you keep telling people your child is shy, that is what your child will be. It took me a while to realise this, but it’s made such a difference to our lives.
Vegan diet – Almost a success!
- Breakfast – Toast with vegan spread and Marmite
- Snack – Banana
- Lunch – Sarnies with veggie spread (which reminded me forcibly of cat food) and lettuce
- Snack – Vegan banana cup cake
- Dinner – Veggie sausage, mash (I assume with normal milk, Mr EN made it and I was too tired to ask/protest) and beans.
Managed to stick to water whilst in different office too, so all drinks vegan too.