- Meditate for 2 minutes –
- Write about something positive for 20 minutes –
- 5 random acts of kindness per week – 0/5 😦
- Take 3 x 30 minute walks per week – 1/3
- Unnecessary items bought today – 0
- Total car miles saved – 30
I am definitely operating on my reserves atm. There has definitely not been enough sleeping happening lately, due to just the amount of stuff I have been trying to fit in one day. Therefore, this will be brief.
My positives for today have been :
Vegan Banana and walnut Muffins (from yesterday nights’ bake off session)
Very bready, but to be expected given my flour mix. Am definitely going to try them again, will use normal wholewheat flour next time instead of the bread flour, and will do more with walnuts next time (only did a few this time as mini EN isn’t keen) as I think they really finish them off nicely. They are just fantastic with a cup of tea, and I love the indulgent dark chocolate pieces in them. Definitely a keeper recipe 🙂
A wonderful dinner cooked by Mr EN. I really do owe him atm.
The children doing well in their GCSE’s so far. Fingers crossed!
A positive health check
Had a health check done by Lloyds pharmacy for my life insurance points. They confirmed I am a non-smoker, I have low blood sugar levels (is that to be expected given I try to avoid fructose?), low blood pressure, low BMI (18), but high cholesterol. We discussed diet and she thought trying to move towards a vegan diet would help with the cholesterol, as I did have rather a penchant for cheese before, and would indulge at least once a day, used butter every single day, and used cream in LOTS of my cooking. Their computer suggested I might consider trying to accumulate more muscle mass to help with putting on weight, but as I’m already fairly well off in that department for a female of my stature, just through being active with horses and karate. I don’t think I’ll be taking their advice, lest I turn into something like this!
(Attempted) vegan diet today :
- Breakfast – Baked beans on homemade vegan bread, vegan spread/.
- Snack – Banana and grapes.
- Lunch – Eggplant soba noodles from Eat like you give a f*ck
- Snack – Vegan banana and walnut cupcake
- Snack #3 – Bread and butter
- Dinner – Pasta with salmon, chilli pesto, spinach, and sun dried tomatos with french bread and vegan spread. Heavenly.