New week status :
- Meditate for 2 minutes –
- Write about something positive for 20 minutes –
- 5 random acts of kindness per week – 1/5
- Take 3 x 30 minute walks per week – 0/3
- Unnecessary items bought today – 0
So, again, it would be easy to focus on the negatives, like the land rover cylinder head being bust, pony being poorly again, mini EN being poorly, and the hoover breaking, but there is always a positive to be found somewhere. Work was quite constructive today, had a status meeting with my line manager, which turned into a brain storming session about how to take the company forwards. There are a couple of members of the team which are really fantastic about coming up with new ideas, and we have decided to trial a brain storming session with small groups of us, including the ideas guys, with a set theme, a couple of laptops, and a shared ideas document, and see what we can trigger between us. Being in the oil and gas industry, the theme of the moment is definitely innovation. I was quite fired up when I came back, and immediately started looking into potential themes, and immediately ran into something I thought could work, AND it’s to do with the renewable sector, so fits in with my own personal values also. Yeah!
Did my random act of kindness by dropping a colleagues laptop home for him as he was cycling and I’d had to bring the car in today.
Another positive was my food! Again, didn’t do too bad from a vegan point of view, only really lapsing on breakfast.
- Breakfast – crumpets with butter 😦
- Snack – Green Smoothie.
- Lunch – Singapore rice noodles stir fried with peppers, mushrooms and courgettes and popped into the fridge.
- Snack – Flapjack made yesterday
- Dinner – Sweet potato and lentil curry with rice (thanks Mr EN!).
Green smoothie wasn’t great. I’ll list it, but if only to remind myself not to make it again. It wasn’t awful, but I didn’t finish it.
- Cup of spinach
- Half an avocado
- Round of pineapple
- Coconut milk
- Squeeze of lime
Ho hum. Can’t win them all.