- Meditate for 2 Minutes –
- Write about something positive for 20 minutes –
- 5 random acts of kindness per week – 3/5
- Take 3 x 30 minute walks per week – 0/3
- Unnecessary items bought today – 2
- Total car miles saved – 60
Today has been all about the karate, and specifically weapons. We had an intensive all day session (although I did get a lay in), from 10-4pm, started with some kata, went on to work with sai (which I loved, and am now trying to source some for practice as I’ll need it for black belt progression), bo (also could do with a bo, but I have a make do one for the moment), kama (not quite so keen on but ok) and tonfa. Wow! My brain is completely frazzled by fitting so much new stuff in. Also did more kata, and a bit of jujutsu just to finish us off 🙂 Very satisfying way of spending a few hours, although I think one guy in particular is going to have a headache, after walloping himself with his own sai on one occasion and drawing blood. Yeouch! I have located a pair which I really like the look of from www.worbingtonsteele.com/, but they do not look cheap! I’ve emailed to find out how much they are, but here is a piccie in the mean time…
I’m a bit torn, because I think they would class as an unnecessary spend, but yet if I want to progress in karate, I need to practice my weapons. Waahhh!
Followed it up with a quick trip down to the stables to groom, long rein and feed the ponies, a glorious day for it and kinda wished I had time to ride out on one of them to make the most of the evening sun.
Back home for chilli, snuggles and a bit of TV with mini EN. Speaking of which, I didn’t update yesterday due to her returning after a week away with the school. She had a fab time but it was soooo good to see her again and spent the evening catching up with her, snuggling, and not a lot else 🙂
So, my random acts of kindness were simple ones, but I think they count. Mr EN and I went for a drink, and sat in the beer garden. Returned our beer glasses and crisp wrappers to the bar staff who looked pleased. Then today I phoned a relative who has fallen out with a lot of the family, but is frail and on her own. We had a catch up and I hope it lightened her a day a little.
Unnecessary spends were the drinks and takeaway, and Mr EN bought me a present, a special hose which sort of shrinks and coils itself up. It’s absolutely fab when watering my plants, and apparently was very cheap from ebay. He also didn’t tell me he was getting it.
Plant based diet has been ok (ish) as usual.
- Breakfast – Bagels and vegan cream cheese
- Snack – Nothing! :O
- Lunch – Slice of home made vegan pizza, carrot and cucumber stick with delish jalepeno and pepper humus, and another Green Smoothie with spinach, banana, peach, blueberries and coconut milk
- Snack – Carrot and walnut muffin
- Dinner – Veggie chilli (not vegan, couldn’t find any vegan quorn. So far we’ve had it once, and it was superb, tasted just like normal quorn mince. Since then, I can’t find it anywhere. Where’s it gone?!)
- Pudding – FAIL – mini choc ice 😦